Did you know? In Minnesota is it illegal to:
• Transport watercraft without the drain plug removed.
• Arrive at lake access with drain plug in place.
• Transport aquatic plants, zebra mussels, or other prohibited species, whether dead or alive.
• Launch watercraft with prohibited species attached.
• Transport water from Minnesota lakes or rivers.
• Release live bait into the water.
All DNR-trained watercraft inspectors stationed around the state are authorized to help ensure boats and trailers are clean and free of AIS before entering or leaving a lake, river or other body of water. Whether they work for the DNR, or for a county or other local unit of government, inspectors are there to help make sure boaters are not in violation of AIS laws and protect our lakes and rivers.